The guitar is one of them most popular instruments in the world, which is why it’s no surprise that a lot of people search for top online guitar lessons. What’s good is that there are just as many references and websites available that offer excellent guitar lessons. Most of them don’t require you to go to the lessons physically, as everything would be made available to you online. Some even offer tutors who would teach you in real-time. That being said, it certainly wouldn’t be hard for you to choose the one that would suit your needs and preferences.
Many well-known websites like JamPlay and Guitar Tricks have had many successful students in the past and up to the present. It has to be noted beforehand, though, that these websites have their own specific benefits. Guitar Tricks, for instance, is best suited for beginners as it follows a linear teaching model, which they call the Core Learning System. It really offers direct assistance to novices in order for them to make smooth transition from beginner to adept. The common denominator in most of these successful websites, in the end, is that they offer a myriad number of guitar lessons that are taught by actual experienced professionals.
Gauges of a Website that Offers Good Online Guitar Lessons
With that said, it’s fairly easy to ascertain just what makes these very student-friendly. For one, if we are to focus on the way that they offer their guitar lessons, many of them, as said above, incorporate an organized system of teaching for anyone who wants to learn the guitar. This is technically a must for those who are starting out from scratch, as a good grasp of the basics is required to master an instrument as tricky as the guitar. Besides this, here are a couple other good qualities that these websites have:
• They offer the ability to download video lessons to students. This particularly noteworthy as it allows you to learn at your own pace.
• Their video lessons are straightforward and easy to understand for the average student.
• There is a large archive of references that is easily accessible, which is complemented by an equally vast library of songs that you can freely browse and pick to learn based on your preferred genre.
• Various nifty tools are included like chord builders, scale finders, and backing track libraries (to cite a few), which only makes you learn your lessons more seamlessly.
• They offer the ability to video-chat with an instructor for more in-depth learning and direct assistance.
• They have highly competent instructors at their employ. (You can always check this by investing time in reading reviews about a specific website that offers guitar lessons).
Take note that while many of these websites offer their services for a monthly membership subscription, some of them (like Justin Guitar, for instance) actually offer lessons for free. These websites offer lessons at no cost whatsoever, and many users have attested to learning invaluable lessons from these platforms. However, if you’re just starting out, it’s best to rely on a professional tutor that could really offer deeper insights and tips for you. These free platforms, after all, don’t usually have the organized lesson structure that makes membership-based websites like Guitar Tricks and JamPlay very effective.